Senior Game Designer- Multiplayer
We're looking for a talented Senior Game Designer with a passion for multiplayer experiences to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
As a Senior Game Designer you will work closely with Design, Art, and Engineering to create, prototype, and implement designs that delight our diverse players.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
What you will have to do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our players and their multiplayer needs
- Design innovative features that delight our diverse playerbase.
- Present solutions with clear articulation of pros and cons.
- Communicate chosen direction clearly to the team through design docs, user stories, wireframes, pictures of napkin sketches, etc.
- Utilise prototyping and playtesting where applicable to validate and balance solutions
- Work across disciplines to see your designs through to completion
- Listen to our players, understand how your designs impact their experiences, gain insights needed to iterate on and balance features
- Report and share benchmarks, best practices and findings to key stakeholders
- Champion our players
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design on multiplayer titles
- Experience designing competitive and social systems in large, ambiguous spaces
- Experience with designing matchmaking and progression systems
- Ability to balance product goals with design decisions
- Ability to plan and estimate design efforts
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA online competitive game
- Deep level of understanding, passion, and engagement with online competitive games
- Experience working on ranking systems
- Familiarity with block style games